Presumptive Transfer Requirements
Services provided by Merced County Behavior Health and Recovery Services (BHRS)
BHRS provides Specialty Mental Health Services which include services to youth that meet criteria for Severely Mentally Ill criteria or Severely Emotionally Disturbed. Services may include Individual Therapy, Intensive Home Based Services (IHBS), Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) and Case Management.
Mild to moderate services are provided by a primary care provider (PCP) or the Managed Care Program. Merced County’s Managed Care Program Provider for mild to moderate services is Beacon. Please click on Beacon link to access the website. To log in please enter Plan Name CCAH.
The following applies to AB1299 presumptive transfer youth, when it is assumed that youth will be placed in a long term placement.
The placing agency/Mental Health Plan (MHP) should send information of the presumptive transfer to Merced County within 3-business days of the decision by fax, mail, or email.
Please ensure that the foster child’s residence address is updated in the Medi-Cal Eligibility Data System (MEDS) reflecting Merced County address within 2-business days of making the determination.
The notification shall be sent to Merced County within 3 business days of making the decision and shall include:
- Identifying information about the child: name, date of birth, and address;
- Name, location, and contact information of the referring placing agency;
- Send or arrange to have sent to Merced County the most recent court document to identify legal holder of privilege such as Order After Hearing-indicates dependency/Detention Report/Jurisdiction Disposition Report (Juris Dispo).
- Name and contact information of who can sign releases of information;
- Name and contact information of who can sign consents;
- Send, or arrange to have sent to, Merced County the most recent consent for services, and consent for medication, including the JV-220; and
- Send, or arrange to have sent to, the Merced County the most recent mental health records, including the most recent mental health assessment.
- We must have Merced County Consent signed by the court appointed legal authority. Please complete Consent Form packet and sumit to Merced County Managed Care.
Waivered AB1299 Presumptive Transfer
- If youth does not meet AB1299 presumptive transfer requirements or it is not clear the youth meets AB1299 presumptive transfer requirements, please submit an authorized Service Authorization Request (SB785) by placing county/MHP, in order to start services immediately.
- We must have Merced County Consent signed by the court appointed legal authority. Please complete Consent Form packet and submit to Merced County Managed Care.
Merced County Social Workers
The following applies to Merced County youth that do not meet the criteria for AB1299 Presumptive Transfer:
- If requesting Mental Health Services for youth placed out of county please submit SAR to Patricia Medina, if you need assistance please reference SW Guide on Requesting Managed Care Authorization for Merced youth.