Merced County California

Go To Site Search
Restitution Is Ordered, What Do I Do Now?
A Judge Just Imposed a Restitution Order To Be Paid By the Offender.,  Is There Anything I Need To Do?

It's important to follow up with the appropriate agency to make sure they have your name, current address and possibly your phone number so they can forward any money collected from the offender to you.

If the offender is being sentenced to the county system (jail/probation) you need to be in contact with the Revenue and Reimbursement Department.  You can contact them at (209) 385-7413.

If the offender is being sentenced to a California state prison, be sure that your current contact information is on file with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).  CDCR automatically collects restitution from the offender, after receiving documentation from the county, but will not be able to send it to you without your contact information.  Registering with the CDCR Office of Victim and Survivor Rights and Services (OVSRS) will allow you to not only give your current contact information, but also to ask for notifications such as parole hearing dates, release dates, etc.  It is important to notify CDCR each time you move.  You may contact OVSRS directly at 1-877-256-6877 or learn more at CDCR's website,

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence