- Departments & Services H-Z
- Public Health
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Merced County Healthcare Partnership for Emergency
Mariposa and Merced Healthcare Partnership for Emergency Preparedness
The Partnership is a voluntary multidisciplinary, multi-agency body created to address healthcare preparedness for all-hazard emergencies and is supported by the Hospital Preparedness Program grant funds. The members also support each other with networking and shared resources to assist with the implementation of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Rule, which is a requirement of participation for providers and suppliers of CMS.
The Partnership shall review, evaluate and make recommendations on issues related to healthcare emergency management and the medical and health coordination system. The Partnership shall address issues that affect emergency preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation by:
- Promoting interaction and collaboration across all sectors of the healthcare community to ensure a coordinated and effective response to all-hazard emergencies.
- Supporting the needs of healthcare organizations and considering the needs of the community.
- Assessing the level of healthcare preparedness of entities involved and making recommendations on activities to address the identified gaps.
- Developing and implementing effective practices, which include planning, training, educating, and participating in exercises as it relates to emergency preparedness.
- Developing memoranda of understandings (MOUs) to share assets, personnel and information.
- Ensuring the appropriate type and level of services needed in the delivery of disaster patient/victim care to those with access and functional needs.
- Providing input on a Jurisdictional Risk Assessment to identify top hazards which have the biggest impact on public health, medical, and mental/behavioral health systems.
Emergency preparedness stakeholders from various sectors including but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Public Health
- Emergency Medical Services
- First Responders, i.e. Law Enforcement, Fire, Ambulance Provider
- Social Services
- Mental/Behavioral Health
- Healthcare, i.e. acute care, long term care, clinics, dialysis, pharmacy, etc.
- Business Organizations
- Community Based Organizations
- Cultural and Faith Based Organizations
- Education and Childcare
- Housing and Sheltering
- Senior Services
- Community Leadership
|Where||Department of Public Health 260 East 15th St. Merced Ca, 95341|
*subject to change
Contact Robin Siminoff or Gabriel Farias for dates, times and additional information or for membership opportunities.