The County Clerk’s office has many varied responsibilities, which include:
- Issues public and confidential marriage licenses
- Provide certified copies of confidential marriage licenses
- Marriage applications are available on our (but must be signed in person prior to ceremony) Online Services page.
- Fictitious Business Names (FBNs) - File Fictitious Business Name Statements forms as required by the California Business and Professions Code
- Notary Public Registrations
- Registers notary public oaths and commissions
- Accepts notary bonds for filing
- Maintains records of those filed
- Certifies the authenticity of a notary
Our office no longer accepts checks as payment except for recording of documents. Credit and debit card payments can be accepted in our office. There is a $2.50 fee for the use of credit and debit cards if used by mail $7.50 fee for Credit/Debit.