Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
- 09-08-21 - City of Atwater - NOE
- 09-08-21 - City of Atwater - NOE - Jack Jackson
- 09-08-21 - City of Atwater - NOE - Dennis Martinez -California Drywall CO.
- 09-08-21 - City of Atwater - NOE - Atwater Commerce
- 09-10-21 - City of Los Banos - NOI - F Street Multi family Project
- 09-10-21- City of Livingston NOD TIERRASANTA VILLAS APAPRTMENTS
- 09-20-21 - SAN LUIS and DELTA MENDOTA WATER AUTHORITY
- 09-21-21 - TURLOCK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT CHANGES TO LEVEL 2 and 3
- 09-22-21 - Merced county planning and development biogas cluster
- 09-23-21 - Franklin County Water District wastewater collection and treatment
- 09-24-21 - Merced County Community and Econimic Development - NOP
- 09-28-21 - Merced Irrigation District - NOE - Improvements to Merced Irrigation District Water Resources Management Tool
- 09-28-21 - Merced Irrigation Disrict - NOE - Merced Irrigation District 2020 Agricultural Water Management
- 09-28-21 - City of Merced - NOE - Project No. 119070
- 09-28-21 - City of Merced - NOE - Project No. 120044
- 09-30-21 - Vierra Dairy- NOP
- 10-07-21 - City of Atwater - NOE
- 10-07-21 - City of Livingston - NOD - The Villages at Main Residential Apartment Community
- 10-07-21 - City of Atwater - NOE - Resolution No 0179-21
- 10-08-21- SPR No.2021 O2 East Pacheco Center Pad B City of Los Banos
- 10-08-21 - SPR No. 2021 05 Ihop City of Los Banos
- 10-08-21 - Site plan review no 2021 04 1205 D street City of Los Banos
- 10-19-21 - City of Merced - NOD - Site Plan Permit No.481
- 10-19-21 - City of Merced - NOD - Site Utilization Plan Revision No 4 to Planned Development No 72
- 10-20-21 - City Of Livingston - NOE - Rate Adjustment for Water, Sewer, and Solid Waste Services