- Departments & Services A-G
- County Clerk
- Environmental Impact Reports
Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
Common abbreviations used on this page:
- NOP - Notice of Preparation
- NOC - Notice of Completion
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- NOI - Notice of Intent
Merced County's Environmental Impact Reports
- 04-17-2023 - County of Merced - NOD - Azevedo Dairy 4 Expansion Project
- 04-17-2023 - City of Merced- NOE - Site Plan Review Application 515
- 04-17-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Site Plan Review 514
- 04-17-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Site Plan Review 518 Env. Review 23-10
- 04-17-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Site Plan Review 517 Env. Review 23-09
- 04-17-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Minor Use Permit 23-04
- 04-18-2023 - Merced County Community and Econ. Dev. - NOD - Godinho Heifer Ranch Expansion Project
- 04-19-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Minor Use Permit 23-05
- 04-21-2023 - City of Atwater - NOE - Resolution No. PC 0222
- 04-24-2023 - City of Newman - NOI to adopt a MND Proposed project is Phase II
- 04-25-2023 - San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District - NOE - Proposed Amendments to Rule 1020
- 04-26-2023 - County of Merced - NOD - Parreira Almond Processing Co.
- 04-26-2023 - Merced County CED - NOD - Application AA22-072 SPR22-008 - TBS Construction Mini Storage
- 04-26-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - General Plan Amendment No 23-01 Environmental Review No 23-02
- 04-28-2023 - Merced County Community and Economic - NOA of Draft Subsequent EIR for Public Review UCP Update VST Specific Plan SC 2001021056
- 05-03-2023 - Merced County CED - NOD - Conditional Use Permit Application No. CUP22-011 - Dos Palos Clean Power Project
- 05-04-2023 County of Merced Community Economic Development -NOE-administrative application anaerobic digester
- 05-08-2023 - Merced Subbasin Groundwater Sustainablility Agency - NOI Sandy Mush Mutual Water Company Reservoir Storage Project
- 05-11-2023 Lower San Joaquin Levee District-NOE- Pipe replacement
- 05-12-2023 - Merced County DPW - NOE - Merced County ARPA Road Rehabilitation Projects
- 05-22-2023 - City of Livingston - NOE - CUP NO 2022-01 and SPDR NO 2022-02 - Single Family Dwelling on R-2 zoned lot
- 05-25-2023 - San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pullution Control District - NOE - Proposed PM2.5
- 05-26-2023 - Dos Palos Clean Power LLC - NOD
- 05-26-2023 - Santa Nella County Water District - NOD - Master Agreement Amendment 1. Water Supply Agreement
- 05-26-2023 - Merced County Community and Economic Development Dept. - NOA - Bradbury Ranch Master Plan