Voter's Choice Act
Voter’s Choice Act (VCA)
Merced County Registrar of Voters is modernizing voting and providing voters with greater flexibility and convenience.
Voter's Choice Act Implementation
The Voter's Choice Act is a law passed by the California State Legislature in 2016. The VCA was implemented successfully in San Mateo, Sacramento, Napa, Nevada and Madera Counties during the 2018 Elections. Two of the largest Counties in California, Los Angeles and Orange, have also transitioned to the VCA model for the 2020 Elections. Merced County is transitioning to the VCA model.
What is Changing?
- Every active registered voter will receive a Vote by Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day
- Voters can vote in person at any of the Voting Assistance Centers in Merced County
- Voters who want to vote in person may do so for 11 days, including weekends at some Voting Assistance Centers and for 4 days at all Voting Assistance Centers.
- Voting Assistance Centers will offer more space, additional services and new enhanced voting equipment
VOTERS will have more options and will get to choose WHEN, WHERE, and HOW to vote!
- VOTE BY MAIL
- You can vote and mail your ballot, no postage required.
- DROP BOXES
- You can drop off your voted ballot at any secure Official Drop Box, no postage required.
- VOTING ASSISTANCE CENTER
- If you don’t want to vote the ballot that was mailed to you, you can vote at any Voting Assistance Center in Merced County.
- You have up to 11 days, including weekends, to vote or return your ballot at a Voting Assistance Center.
- You can do any of the following at a Voting Assistance Center:
- Vote in person
- Register to Vote or Update Your Registration and vote the same day
- Drop off your voted ballot
- Get a replacement ballot
- Vote on an accessible ballot marking device
- Get help and voting materials in multiple languages
Election Administration Plan (EAP)
- EAP education and outreach approval
- English: Public Notices
- Spanish: Aviso Público
- Chinese: 公共通知
- Hmong: LUS CEEB TOOM COV PEJ XEEM
- Mien: TIH MENGH FIENX MBUOX ZUANGX MIENH HIUV
- Punjabi: ਪਬਲਿਕ ਨੋਟਿਸ
Amended Draft Election Administration Plan (EAP) Public Notices
Merced County Final Revised Election Administration Plan (EAP)
- English: Final Revised Election Administration Plan (EAP)
- Spanish: Borrador Final
- Hmong: Daim EAP Kho Tas
- Chinese: 最終修訂 EAP
- Mien: Zorc ceu siang benx nqa'haav laai nyei EAP
- Punjabi: ਅੰਤਮ ਸੰਸ਼ੋਧਿਤ EAP
Merced County Draft Election Administration Plan (EAP)
- English: Merced County Elections Administration Plan
- Spanish: Plan De Administración De Elecciones
- Hmong: Kev Npaj Tswj Hwm Kev Xaiv Tsa
- Chinese: 選舉管理計劃
- Mien: Gong-Daan Liouh Tengx Goux Ginv Jien-Mengh Jauv-Louc
- Punjabi: ਚੋਣ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਸਨ ਯੋਜਨਾ
Merced County Amended Draft Election Administration Plan (EAP)
- English: Merced County Amended Draft Election Administration Plan
- Spanish: Borrador modificado del plan de administración de elecciones
- Hmong: Nom Tswv lub Hom Phiaj Txhim Hloov rau Kev Xaiv Tsa
- Chinese: 選舉管理計劃
- Mien: Siang zorc puix benx gong-daan liouh goux ginv jien-mengh jauv-louc
- Punjabi: ਚੋਣ ਸੋਧਿਆ ਡਰਾਫਟ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਸਨ ਯੋਜਨਾ
Make a comment on the draft by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AUGUST 24, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
- MERCED LAO FAMILY COMMUNITY, INC. (1748 Miles Court, Suite B, Merced, CA 95348)
- AUGUST 25, 2021 AT 6:00 PM
- LOS BANOS FAIRGROUNDS O'BANION BUILDING (403 F Street, Los Banos, CA 93635)