Mental Health Services Act
Welcome to Merced County’s Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) page.
What is MHSA?
Purpose: MHSA (or Proposition 63) was approved by voters in 2004. This Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million in order to increase county mental health funding. MHSA is focused on creating an innovative mental health system that promotes wellness, recovery, and resiliency while decreasing stigma. Services are culturally competent, easier to access, and more effective in preventing and treating serious mental illness. Please select to view the latest version of the Amended MHSA as revised 01/27/2020
MHSA is based on 5 essential elements:
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Consumer and Family Driven Services
- Focus on Wellness, Recovery and Resiliency
- An Integrated Services Experience
MHSA is implemented through five (5) main Components:
Latest News and Upcoming Events
Merced County's Fiscal Year 2021-2022 MHSA Annual Update
- Merced County's Fiscal Year 2021-2022 MHSA Annual Update is posted for 30-day public review and comment period. Please utilize the Public Comment Form to submit comments.
A Public Hearing will be held via teleconference on May 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM by the Behavioral Health Board to consider approval of the Annual Update and Innovation Plan. To learn how to attend please call (209) 381-6813.
- MHSA partners with Public Health to provide Health Education classes, workshops and trainings aimed to improve both mental and physical health. Call Public Health at (209) 381-1223 or email them at PublicHealthCOPE@countyofmerced.com to learn about upcoming classes or workshops.
- Visit the MHSA Events and Campaigns Page to access recent event photos and learn more about these educational and inspiring events.
- Visit the MHSA Artwork Page to view inspiring and creative consumer and community artwork.
Recent MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports
- 2020-2021 to 2022-2023 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan (Adopted 11/17/2020)
- Program Update to the 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 5/19/2020)
- 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 03/31/2020)
Visit the MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports page to view recent and historical MHSA program and fiscal documents.