The Agricultural Commissioner enforces the laws and regulations of the California Food and Agriculture Code and the California Code of Regulations while serving at the discretion of the County Board of Supervisors and CDFA Secretary of Agriculture. Merced County Agricultural Commissioner’s office employs a staff of thirty and has its main office in Merced with a satellite office in Los Banos.
The Agricultural Division acts under the jurisdiction and direction of the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), and the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR), and works in cooperation with various federal, state, regional and local agencies.
Sealer of Weights & Measures
Weights and Measures is mandated by state law to protect the interests of the buyer and seller to ensure honesty and integrity of everyday business transactions. This protection is accomplished through our continuous and systematic inspection of all equipment that weighs or measures a commodity that is sold. Every transaction involving the exchange of goods, property, and service is affected in a very vital way by some form of weights and measures.
2022 Permit Renewal Application & Information
- Permit Renewal Page
- Pesticide Renewal Application Letter, Form and Crop Report
- Crop Report Form
- Email your completed application to: MAGPermit@countyofmerced.com
Current Events & Alerts
- USDA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Farmers and Livestock Producers Impacted by Wildfires and Drought
- Drought Assistance - USDA
- Emergency Livestock Carcass Disposal
- Nutria Information - California Department of Fish & Wildlife
- CDFA Pest Detection Advisory - Black Fig Fly
- Broomrape Detections in Tomatoes
- Spotted Laternfly - active threat to California agriculture
Annual Crop Reports
The previous year's Crop Report is published in the Fall.