- Departments H-Z
- Public Health
- Environmental Health
Merced County Division of Environmental Health Changes to Hours of Operation and In-person Visits
Dear Merced County Owners, Operators, and Contractors:
In an ongoing effort to minimize impacts to our customers and to help maintain the expected level of customer service, the Merced County Division of Environmental Health will be making the following operational adjustments:
- Beginning Monday October 31, 2022, in-person visits to the Environmental Health office at 260 E 15th St Merced CA 95341 (Public Health building) will be conducted by appointment only. Walk-ins will be redirected to our new office located at 2222 M St, Second Floor, Merced CA 95340 (Development Services). Division staff will remain available to conduct business in person, by phone, e-mail, or video conferencing.
- In-person visits and customer service provided by Office Duty staff (e.g., septic/well permitting) will not be available between 12:00pm and 1:00pm, Monday through Friday. General office hours will be 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday at 2222 M St, Second Floor, Merced CA 95340 (Development Services).
- Beginning Monday October 31st, In-person payments will only be accepted at 2222 M St, Second Floor, Merced CA 95340 (Development Services) from 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Mailed in payments should also be directed to Merced County Environmental Health, 2222 M St, Second Floor, Merced CA 95340. Over-the-phone payments ((209) 381-1100) will also be accepted from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday-Friday (service fees apply). Online payment services are available during all hours from our online payment portal (service fees apply).
Providing excellent customer service is very important to our team. These adjustments will allow for us to continue to provide you with the best service possible during this challenging time.
Division of Environmental Health
Welcome to the Environmental Health Web site, provided by the Merced County Health Department’s Division of Environmental Health. This Web site provides information about environmental health services, laws, and related news, as well as communication tools and other features.
FREE 2022 Merced County Environmental Compliance Training Courses
CDFA Inedible Food Rendering Guide
FDA Order Pertaining to Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) Effective June 18, 2018
Onsite Wastewater Treatment Unit (OWTS) Fact Sheet and Ordinance
- Regulation of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems Fact Sheet
- Regulation of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems Merced County Code 9.54
Office Closure Information
If you have an Environmental Health emergency and we are closed, please call the CALFIRE-Mariposa Dispatch Office at (209) 966-3621.